Unipress 500 E
Semi-automatic press for inserting press-fit connectors in backplanes and daughterboards.
The insertion spindel is driven by a electrical servo motor, which guarantees a very accurate position and can press up to 50 kN.
A force/distance control system controls the insertion cycle, checks for errors and guarantees the the connector is against the board after the insertion.
Way of working:
- Equip the machine with the right insert tooling and anvil manual.
- Put the pcb on the XY-table manual.
- Put the connector on the pcb.
- Position the XY table to the right position manual.
- When the operator presses the 2 hand control buttons, the machine inserts the connector.
- After the insertion, the next connector must be placed on the board and the cycle repeats.
- The board is displayed graphical on the touch screen, to show the connector types and sequence of the board.
- Photos and pictures of boards, connectors and tooling can be inserted to help the operator.
- A force/distance graph will be saved after each insertion.
- The press can insert connectors in different modes to guarantee a good insertion.
- A large active insertion area, is provided by means of a big distance between the centre of the insertion-head and the inner-side of the C-frame of 320mm.
- Anvil and uppertool can rotate manual in steps of 90°.
- The machine is easy to program with a flexible graphical edit and a connector library.
2 basic Impress 500E machines are available:
- PAY268A2: machine with fixed anvil.
- PAY284A2: machine with rising post (anvil stroke 25mm).
- Last millimeter tracking system (LMT): helps the operator to position the XY table. For more info: LMT system.
- A barcode scanner and traceability software system.
- Insert tools and anvils for all types of press fit connectors. More info: Insert block and anvils.
- Dedicated backing boards for pcbs
Contact us if you can’t find a matching tool.
Get Price Info
Get Price Info (1)
Enter your email to receive a quote from one of our specialists.
"*" indicates required fields